Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Nutrition, Health and Lifestyle

Class is completed,  certificate earned ( with distinction) and ready for the next one.  I had forgotten how much I loved to learn and study.  Though I do get a little crazy with tests.  But I have been reading about health and nutrition for over 40 years and the thing that thrills me the most, my niece Samantha ( Jordan's mom) has acquired that interest also.

I have always known it in my gut, but as the years have gone by, the more I have studied and learned,  I found out that if we want the best health we can have.......we have to participate, we have to often take matters into our own hands, and figure out what is best for us.  We cannot rely on others to have our best interests at heart.  ( in life, health, career or anything else)  Blind trust in the medical profession does not get you the best care.

My transformation, fueled by a chronic illness, has been one of hard work, persistent digging, always questioning, and searching for answers.  We can not be satisfied with the status quo, not when it comes to our health, nutrition and lifestyle.  Don't be afraid to question, and never let someone rob you of your hope.  It ain't over until the last breath is drawn.  I still believe that we can create more than one blue zone in this country.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the exam. I agree so much with you.... in fact I am sure I am known as the patients Dragon when we go for tests etc. I ask so many questions and query so much. Hope you are feeling better. Our summer is almost here so sending you a little warmth. lots of fuzzies hugs sheila from downduner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jilda.Health is everything and it's up to us to do all we can to stay healthy.
    Keep healthy
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete