Sunday, May 2, 2010

Underwater Garden

Sometimes, we all have to be shown that just when we think we have it all under control, well.....guess what, we don't!!!!! Our garden has been so beautiful this year, the tomatoes are blooming, everything is growing, and tonight it is underwater. I know, it could be so much worse, and I am grateful, we are not having tornadoes, golf ball size hail, or 22 inches of rain. I look at that plot of land, and Rick and I both love to grow things, every morning we take our coffee and we walk out to the garden to see how much and what grew overnight. Things really do grow overnight, it is amazing when we walk out in the mornings and see that the corn grew an inch since yesterday or that the apples and peaches and pears are getting bigger by the day! So, tonight we hope and wait and pray, that even though everything is drowned the sun will come out in a couple of days and the ground will dry and those frisky little veggies and flowers will perk up and continue to grow! And I remind myself, that a couple of years ago, we were in the worst drought that I could remember and all we could do was pray and hope for rain. Mother Nature is willful and strong, sweet and fierce, and totally out of our control! Thank goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment