Saturday, May 22, 2010

Transformation Road

What is it about a road trip that alters your daily food intake? Well, there is the availability factor, but what about the cravings????? Every morning Monday through Friday I have a smoothie for breakfast, then weekends, maybe a nice Irish breakfast or Rick makes waffles. Lunch, most of the time is a peanut butter sandwich, but dinner is always special. I have had yogurt every morning since I have been gone, but I have also had a blueberry muffin, that's ok. But then lunch has been major sandwiches( like turkey/bacon, fries, potato cheese soup) and dinner has been out of my daily intake too. I have not been drinking my usual amount of water, it is just different being in a hotel and going out to eat for every meal. I know there are some of you who are thinking what is wrong with her/this? I happen to love my own cooking, there are very few places that I have ever eaten that could cook better than me. But tonight, I am sitting here craving a Milky Way candy bar, a milkshake and hey, maybe a donut too! All I can say, it's a good thing I am going home tomorrow, I could be in real trouble. There are four Starbucks within 3 miles of the hotel, and every fast food chain you can think of. This could be a transformation of the world's fastest weight gain, if I stayed much longer. Thank goodness my friend, Jackie is here to help me maintain my will power! But, you know if I were a gambler,
I'd bet there will be a stop at Starbucks on the way home tomorrow, after all the caffeine will transform that 4 hour trip to maybe a 3 and a half one. And maybe we can pick up a sugar buzz with a muffin or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment