Sunday, May 23, 2010

Changes

Five days away from home, doesn't sound long and in the scheme of things it is not. But.......in garden growth it is eons. I left on Wednesday, the tomato plants had tiny little green tomatoes, now they are the size of half dollars. The blueberries are ripe, the potatoes are ready to dig, and some sort of strange green worm ate all the cabbage. Oh yeah, there were no blooms on the squash and now, there are baby squash! One of the first things we did when I got home this evening, we walked through the garden and ate fresh, ripe blueberries. It brought to mind the movie that Kevin Spacey did, K-Pax. It is one of my favorite movies, and one of his lines(speaking about Earth) "your produce alone has been worth the trip" . Well trust me, those first plump blueberries were so worth the drive home to day! So changes occurred in the garden, and hopefully changes
occurred in me because of the workshop that I attended. It has been a very long five days, and I am tired. Good night, sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment