Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Bark

Back in early summer, a thunderstorm rolled through and lightening struck one of our 100 year old oaks.   He is still living but there is a long nasty scar from his battle with nature.  A few days ago we had dry hot winds and the next day when we walked there lay a long strip of bark that had fallen from the struck tree.    I have been known to do a few crafts, so I am letting the bark weather a bit longer before I get creative.  It's one of the longest strips of bark I have ever seen and it is beautiful.
I snapped this photo this morning.   The textures and colors are mesmerizing.  This strip is about six feet long.

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you find something lovely to do with that bark. It's weathered look tells the story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you'll think of something to do with it.
    I throw all the bark in the wood stove. I know, I'm heartless but it makes good heat in on a gold morning.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete