Friday, October 23, 2015

Magical Cookies

For local schools it was a half day, Jordan's mom decided he could just spend the day with his favorite aunt and uncle.

We made Halloween cookies.  As we gathered the ingredients, Jordan made the comment that we could just go to the store and buy cookie dough.  I agreed, but then I told him, these would be so much better.

As we sifted the flour, cloves, cinnamon and ginger together, he told me that the spices smelled "funny."
I told him that cooking was magic, alchemy to be sure.  When the right ingredients were mixed in the right proportions magic really did take place.

As he ate the first warm cookie from the oven, he exclaimed it is magic, these are great!
I am exhausted, but I have had a "magical" day.

4 comments:

  1. Magic always happens with kids and a kitchen and cookie baking! Happy fall! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, magic cookies. Way better than those store bought cookies.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the things I miss by being so far from my grandchildren is cookie day. Baking cookies is a fun bonding activity. And you get to eat the results!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The magic in the everyday is the best kind! You're a fun Auntie! He's a cutie! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete