Saturday, December 20, 2014

Christmas Memories

I am so excited, there is a rumbling among the weather guys here that we might get snow flurries on Christmas Eve.......I can't help myself......I love snow at Christmas, even if it's only flurries.
It has been an interesting holiday so far, because of the bouts with meningitis, we have attended only a couple of holiday festivities.......I have learned the hard way, that stress and fatigue up the chances of one of those little bouts.

Jordan spent much of today with us, he was so excited he got three new fish this week.......one died yesterday, and this evening another one died.  He is so sad......he was so proud of his fish. I hope the last one hangs on.

I only have about 6 more cards to paint, and then I can start wrapping presents.  I really miss my mom at Christmas.  After my dad died, I always took her shopping, did her Christmas cards and wrapped her gifts......yes, it was double the work for me, but I would gladly do it all over again.
I think about the last Christmas with my mom and my dad......there are parts of it frozen in my brain, as if some part of me knew that a couple of weeks later, my dad would be gone.  That last Christmas, I needed a Christmas tree, and for some reason, Rick was working or out of town and my dad dug up a beautiful cedar tree and brought it to me. That was 23 years ago and that tree is a monster now.
I won't have it much longer, when I planted it, I placed it too near the power pole and I figure the power guys will cut it down this spring......but it is a beauty......it is one of those that when you walk by, the smell of cedar fills your nostrils.

I hope you all are making beautiful Christmas memories, remember to breathe......and Peace to all.

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get a nice blanket of snow on Christmas eve.
    Good memories are such sweet gifts but they can be bittersweet at the same time.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a fan of snow but I do enjoy having some for Christmas... I hope they don't cut your tree down, maybe they can just cut it back a bit..I hope you feel better soon Jilda xox

    ReplyDelete