Classes were good today, most are ready to face the New Year with a new life and new attitude.......
If you are at an addiction center during Christmas by the New Year, you are ready to let go of the past, release the old, and move on. I passed out the sheets with the 10 questions from the book, Your Best Year Yet, by Jinny S. Ditzler. I always tell my students they can read the questions and answer them as they read, but the most effective and productive way........write the answers down and be honest.
So here are the 10 questions.........
1. What did I accomplish? ( I love that you are given the opportunity to start on a positive note)
2.What were my biggest disappointments?
3. What did I learn?
4. How do I limit myself and how can I stop?
5.What are my personal values?
6.What roles do I play?
7. Which role is my major focus for next year?
8. What are my goals for each role?
9. What are my top ten goals for next year?
10.How can I make sure I achieve them?
The first time I read this book and answered these questions, it changed my life.......I still answer these questions yearly......they are my personal wake-up call to the life I want to live.
I hope you find them as helpful as I do. The book is one of my most treasured.