Thursday, December 1, 2011

Spend Time Wisely

I have been beaten myself up tonight......sometimes I waste my most valuable commodity, my time.
Why?  because sometimes I don't know how to say no.   I know that I am not by myself, that there are many others who do the same thing......and then much like me, you beat yourself up.   Time goes so quickly, I mean it is December 1st today!!!!   In the past few months, I had really done much better about giving away my time, and then hello........I did it up big time!

Just say no......well it didn't work with teenagers and sex, it doesn't work with drugs and alcohol, so how could I expect it to work with my time?   Changes have to take place, for one thing.....I have to begin to recognize my value,  I have to truly believe that my time, my energy, my creativity is important.......just as important as anyone else's.

So tonight, I am working on letting go, being kinder to myself when I screw up, and once again reminding myself the value of my time.......the most valuable commodity I have.  As always, it is my acting out of kindness, and not thinking, that propelled me to say yes, not no.  But, I do admit, I am getting better, managing the spending of my time smarter and  more frugal.  

There are twelve step programs for almost everything these days, there should be one for those who can't say no........Hello, my name is....and I can't say no.   Sorry, that statement could truly be misconstrued in several different ways!  Ha,Ha!

So, once again, I will put on my big girl panties.......do what I said yes to,  and remind myself daily that my time is valuable, to spend it wisely.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

6 comments:

  1. It is difficult to say no. But for sanity's sake we should say no more often than yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read an article once by a woman who was sitting near Paul Newman in a restaurant. An autograph seeker approached and Newman, I'm sorry. I can't do that. Words to live by.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. It IS hard to say no and some folks make you feel so unreasonable for saying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used to be, I didn't know how to say NO. As a stay-at-home mother, everyone naturally assumed I had time to burn, and our kids said the word "sucker" was indelibly tattooed on my forehead. Now that I'm older, I've learned I don't HAVE to do it all, and I CAN "just say no." It's terribly liberating, but ya know what? I don't regret a single moment of the time I "gave away" when I was younger. It might have been exhausting, but it was also very rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Jilda! Your time is your time! And you must always forgive yourself because who else would? I always think, I'm a more useful and a better person to everyone if I'm truly happy with myself first. Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a nickel for every time I said yes when I really wanted to scream "NO"! It's not my fault though. I learned from the master...my Mom..she was the Yoda of the "yes" club.

    ReplyDelete