Monday, December 26, 2011

After Christmas Musings

Happy Boxing Day to all my UK friends!  I had a good Christmas, not as hectic as some years, a little more than others.   Unlike many of my friends and family members, I did not start decorating in November.....so that means I am not tired of the tree or decorations.  I love leaving the house decorated until New Years
Day.......I get to sit and  enjoy it all this week.

Speaking of this week, I have not taken time away from work in almost two years......I am taking this week off.   I did not realize how much I needed the break until today......I have not missed teaching at all today.
It has been nice to do some much needed cleaning in the house.   Blackie Bear and Buddy have loved having me home today.  This was also the first time in six years that I had not worked on Christmas Eve....
I guess an old dog can learn new tricks.

So, how do I plan on spending my week away from work?   Visiting friends, working on our music,
cleaning house, and working on my vision board for 2012.  There are several things that I want to accomplish this coming year, barring any bumps in the road.  You know as soon as the new board is finished I will take a photo and post it.

I hope that your holidays have been good so far......that your Christmas was Merry and not too hectic.
I hope that the gift of love was in every stocking, and that you all felt peace in your hearts.
Do you all do New Years' Resolutions, do you party,  any special celebrations?  So far, we have been invited to a ball,  a music jam,  and a friend's home.......waiting to see where the spirit leads.  Sometimes it is just nice to stay home.

I didn't even teach my community class tonight......it was time for a break.  The body and the spirit need change, for growth and renewal.  I believe that next week I will be a much better teacher.....and the dogs do love having me around!   It has been another day of cold pouring rain, I hear it on the tin roof, the sound of the rain, and Blackie's snoring creates an odd musical offering.  Not quite in sync, but rather
harmonious.

Time for a cup of hot tea.
Good night, Sweet dreams

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Jilda!!! Enjoy your week off - enjoy your break! It's so Jilda time and girrrrl!! You really deserve and need this time!! Yay for you! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the break. New Years has always been a time for family and reflection for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a peaceful and quiet Christmas, it was lovely. Enjoy your break, it sounds like you're ready for it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. #have a good break and thanks for the Happy Boxing Day comment. I spent mine eating leftovers from Christmas Day and farting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are enjoying you time off, me I got two days home alone and loved it that is the only break I will get......I have Leo here againg tonight and it is just the two of us since papa is at work till around 10pm

    ReplyDelete