Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cold and Rainy

Cold and rainy tonight, I hear the rain on the tin roof..........that roof is one of the best things about our house now.  Nothing like the sound of raindrops on tin.  I spent most of the afternoon doing errands.....and silly me didn't realize rain would be here so soon.  I got drenched!  Had a jacket, but no umbrella or hat......I am still cold.

One of my very first childhood memories is of rain.  We had moved into a house that had a porch across the front,  a new sink had been delivered.  The new sink sat on the porch waiting for my dad to come home to install it.  My kid brother, Ricky who was about one year old and I, opened the doors (the sink was in a cabinet of sorts) and hid from my mom.  It was pouring rain......and that porch was the perfect playground
for rainy days.  There is a picture of Ricky taken sometime later on his trike, on that porch.  It is one of my favorite photos of him.

I love the rain.  It doesn't depress me or make me sad,  I find it soothing and calming.  When we were in Ireland  everyone was concerned about the rain, but I loved it......nothing like standing on the rocky shore with the rain  coming down.  Then going down to a local pub, and smelling peat burning in the fireplace.

Blackie Bear is snoring, he finds the rain soothing too.  As a matter of fact, he, Astro and Buddy are all in the office with me snoring like crazy as the rain falls.  YAWN.........I am getting sleepy too.
Good night, Sweet dreams.

5 comments:

  1. I've just been sitting here listening to hailstones bouncing around. Makes me feel warm and cosy inside :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing like a rainy night .. that and a purring cat .. to put you straight to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The roof here is not tin but I sure enjoy hearing the rain too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you got all warmed through!!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete