Thursday, October 28, 2010

Spinning Wheels

It has been rather hectic the past few weeks, as a matter of fact it seems that the wheels are spinning faster and faster and I am getting less and less done. My body is trying to tell me to slow down, whenever life gets out of hand, knots form in the pit of my stomach and they live there twenty four seven. It hasn't been anything in particular, just a full plate.

I keep looking at the calendar trying to figure out when I can take some time to chill, the way it is looking today, maybe sometime after New Years. Family members make fun of my day planner, but that along with yoga and breath work, keep me sane in times like these. A few weeks ago, I saw some cousins and many times we have discussed a cousins family reunion. I saw them around the end of September and mentioned that January would be good for me. One of them looked at me as though horns were sprouting from my head, I tried to explain that every weekend in October was booked, about half of November and part of December, January was open. Of course now, well you know, January is starting to .........

So, I am thinking tonight, that sometime over the weekend, there has to be chill time. Time for a few hours to read, maybe spend the day in my pjs, we have several new songs we need to complete, and studio time that needs to be spent........I know you all are sick of hearing me talk about the beach, but my body craves salty air so bad! Maybe a writer's weekend at the beach,
have some oysters on the half shell, boiled shrimp, if we headed up the east coast some clams would be nice.

It has been a long day, and I am sure after a good night's sleep, all will be well. First thing in the morning, a couple of cups of coffee, a little while to meditate, and then my trusty day planner will show me all that the day holds. You know several years ago, I stopped wearing a watch, it was magic. Maybe I need to ditch the day planner........naw, the wheels would get out of control for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment