Friday, October 22, 2010

Moon Dreams

A full moon tonight. I love the moon, and I am sure that most of you who read this blog have figured that one out by now! I just stepped out on the deck, and the moon is just above the tree tops. The good news, there is a ring around the moon, so rain is on its way. Don't laugh, it's true,
my grandmother Mamie always told me that. A few years ago, I actually read scientific evidence that supported it, something about water vapors.

Tonight I share my moon dreams with you all. Not really dreams that I have had about the moon, but dreams that I want to experience.
I want to see a full moon shining on the shimmering sands of the desert, illuminating rock and cacti with all its silvery splendor. I want to see the full moon out in the middle of the ocean, where all you see are the stars in the sky, and the moon light dancing on the waves. I want to see the full moon shining on the snowcapped Rockies, lighting the snow like moon dust. I would love to see the full moon behind the Eiffel Tower smiling down on the streets of Paris on a cold winter's night. And last but not least, a full moon looking down on the Burren in Ireland, all those gray limestone rocks looking like a moon scape on earth with the sound of the sea to lull you to sleep.

So there you are, my moon dreams. I guess it seems a little strange to want to see a full moon so badly in such beautiful places, but the moon itself has incredible beauty, and magic. And after all, if you are going to such great places anyway, I think the full moon experience would transport you to heaven or some place near there........the man in the moon would not be the only smiling face that night.


1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely dreams. I hope some day you will experience all of them.

    ReplyDelete