Friday, March 13, 2015

Enough For All

We went up to Berkeley Bob's coffee house tonight to hear some friends play......as always the music was great, and we had a wonderful time.  We got there after the show started, but as I looked over my shoulder I saw a familiar face.........I recognized a yoga student and friend from a few years back.

She had moved away, but had become a yoga teacher, we had kept in touch through FaceBook.
I didn't know she would be there tonight......what a gift, and a great surprise.  Through the years that I have taught, I have encouraged probably five or six students and friends to become teachers.  The same has been true for encouraging singer/songwriters.......we have to encourage others, we have to have someone to carry the flame after we are gone.

Through the years,  I have met people who never encouraged others, who looked at everyone as competition.........I have many faults, but I hope that not encouraging those around me will never be one.  Those that I have inspired to become teachers and singer/songwriters have quite often inspired me......and made me proud......I believe there is enough.......enough for all of us if we share......

2 comments:

  1. Encouraging others to become the best they can be is a good sign that you're a good teacher. A good teacher always want to impart knowledge. I read that quote somewhere ages ago and it stayed with me.
    I'm glad that you saw a former yoga student at the coffee house. Always so nice to connect.
    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. A person who cannot encourage others is the one losing in the long run. Of course we hope they can learn from us but we also learn from them. It is a good feeling to see someone you have assisted in some way to be recognized for the same things you saw first.

    ReplyDelete