Saturday, September 27, 2014

Kindness

We had played three gigs in 24 hours, we were tired, but realized we needed a few snacks and some bottled water to take back to our hotel room.  There was a Walgreens nearby, we pulled into the parking lot and headed for the door.  As we walked toward the door, a young woman , clearly in distress, approached us.  She had been to an after hours clinic across the street.  She had an infected tooth, her insurance would not cover the antibiotics she needed, she had no money.  Yep, I gave her the money for the meds......no it was not a scam......I watched her go to the pharmacy and hand over the money.  I hope that if I were ever in that circumstance someone would do the same for me.

I have had similar situations happen to me time and time again.....I think I have a knack for being in the right place at the right time......or maybe I am just an old softie.  I once had a young child, maybe three years old, run up to me as I walked into a store in a different state........he jumped into my arms, hugged me tight and screamed when his mom pried him from my arms.  Rick says folks will tell me their life story in the blink of an eye.  I just think the world is starved for kindness and people sense it when it's there for them.

My cozy bed is calling to me, I hope your weekend has been a good one.  May you have a Sunday that is full of peace, and may we all experience a little kindness.

1 comment:

  1. Kindness begins with us ... I'm glad you were able to help that woman out Jilda ♡

    ReplyDelete