Sunday, May 18, 2014

Sunday Dinner

My nephew James is a publisher of a newspaper in Ms, he and his wife Andrea and their kids, Stone, Breeze, Daisy and Joy do not get to visit "home" often.  They came home this weekend, so today I cooked Sunday dinner for them, his brother Haven and his wife, Alecia and their son Anthony, my brother Ricky ( their dad) Samantha and Jordan, and my sister Pat and her daughter Jayna and Pat's granddaughter KayLynn.  We had a full house, lots of laughter and plenty of food. The rain came down in buckets, stopping for about a half hour so the kids could go outside, run, and blow bubbles and then come back in for popcicles.

I loved every minute of it.......though tonight, I am bone weary.  That's ok, the kids are growing so fast, in a blink of an eye they will all be grown.......and hopefully, they will have great memories of all the meals, and fun times they had at our house.

Even the dogs are tired tonight......chasing kids and being petted is hard work.
Tomorrow Jordan and our great niece Payton graduate from kindergarten......see what I mean, time flies.......in August, they will be in first grade and before we know it.....they will be graduating from high school........wow, I think it's time for bed.

1 comment:

  1. Whew! Fun but tiring...but I know you wouldn't trade it for the world. Glad it was a good day for everyone. Congrats to the little Graduates..time does go fast. My oldest grandchild is just finishing her first year of college..no wonder my bones hurt!

    ReplyDelete