Saturday, May 24, 2014

Quality Time

I know you all get tired of hearing me say this......but here I go again......life is short.
Savor every moment, good and bad, happy and sad.......it will all be gone in the blink of an eye.
Today, our nephew Haven came up and we did a fish fry......southern style, with slaw, fries and hush puppies.  It was a wonderful assortment of friends and family.......I looked around them, saw their faces, heard their voices and said a prayer of gratitude.

As I took a mental snapshot of each person who came today......I asked for each life to be blessed, I thought about how much each and every one of them meant to me and how much better my life was because of them.  It was one of those days, that you never want to end.......one of those days, that everyone who came will remember.

I know that Rick and my family worry sometimes that I push and over extend myself.......but a quality life is important, way more than quantity.   I am exhausted tonight, but that is not important.....the important stuff.......time with those you love, laughter and hugs, good food......I had a very good day....a quality day.....an important day.

1 comment: