Saturday, September 15, 2012

Vinegar Magic

I had shared a link on FB a couple of days ago about the uses of apple cider vinegar.  I am astounded by the notes and comments that I got.  My whole life we used cider vinegar for dozens of different
things.  Got indigestion?  cider vinegar and water  Arthritis? honey, cider vinegar and water.....bug bites, sprains, muscle aches.....we must have used gallons of the stuff!

I still drink a couple of spoonfuls in a glass of water every day, the only time in my life that I have had indigestion......when I didn't drink my tonic.  My mom used white vinegar to clean our floors and counter tops, and soften our laundry.

We used vinegar rinses on our hair, as toners for our face.....come to think of it, Rick and I use a lot of cider vinegar and white vinegar too!  Vinegar is cheap, and if you surf the web, you will find loads of information on its uses around the home.  I have a friend who swears he has had no kidney stones since drinking cider vinegar and water daily.
Books have been written about the uses for vinegar.  It truly is an amazing product.  If you are looking at simpler products with multiple uses, I would start with vinegar.  White vinegar and a few sheets of newspapers will make your windows sparkle.   If you are concerned about the use of chemicals in your home, try vinegar.  Stopped up drains?  baking soda, then top it off with white vinegar.

Vinegar has been around for centuries, used for medicinal purposes to cleaning. Do some research, buy some vinegar, let me know what you think!

3 comments:

  1. Gram made a refreshing drink of cider vinigar, honey and water. She said it was helpful for arthritis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard great things about cider vinegar. I'll have to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We use it around here too. I always use it in my drains. Works great! I've rinsed my hair with it and also have used it for stomach problems. You're right...so cheap and so good. It's suppose to help you lose weight...I don't think they make enough vinegar for that to happen to me!

    ReplyDelete