Thursday, September 20, 2012

The Fear of Being Wrong

" To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong."  - Joseph Chilton Pearce


We all know someone who had rather die than be wrong, who would give up family and friends to prove themselves right.  I figure I have probably been wrong more times than right, but that is ok.
Not sure how it came about, but I figured out a long time ago, it was alright to be wrong.
Maybe my lean toward all things artistic and creative helped me to reach that place.

I know that living a creative life also means that many will disagree with you, some will be envious,
and others will begrudge any good that comes your way.  That's ok too.

This has been a very difficult week for me, rest does not come easy, even at my weakest.
These lessons that are being taught to me, are hard......and I struggle.  A wonderful sweet friend called me today, she has faced much worse than I have the past few years, but she told me something wonderful.......that she had perfected the art of resting on the sofa......and she encouraged me to do the same.  She reminded me that I was at a place where I had nothing to prove, that it was time for joy and pleasure.  She is right.

So tonight, I urge you all to lose your fear of being wrong,  and to perfect the art of resting on the sofa.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Jilda, please rest and enjoy the stillness! take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think I've had the art of resting on the sofa nailed now for some time lol.

    ReplyDelete