Thursday, September 13, 2012

Beauty

Summer blooms, they know the days are getting shorter,they know their days are numbered.  Their beauty becomes more astounding every day.  These beauties greeted me at my front door today, trimmed in a ray of sunshine.  It had been a difficult
afternoon, full of sadness......I looked for beauty around every curve as I drove home, I had to know that it was still here......I knew in my heart it was.

As I got out of my car, the sun's rays peaked through the massive dogwood in our front yard, beauty blazed at my doorsteps.  I am grateful tonight, grateful that beauty is all around us.....we just have to open our eyes.

4 comments:

  1. Your are right...I have been looking at some uncommon beauties around me...my blog world has made me see more...comments from around the world and countryside makes me see my own more. PS my sis invited my to your blog..I just joined. Happy summers few days...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad these gorgeous blooms took away some of your sadness! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always find the most beauty right on your own doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful picture. It has a special energy...

    ReplyDelete