Friday, February 10, 2012

The World at Two A.M.

For some reason I awoke at two am this morning thinking about the incredible world we all live in.
It really is a strange and wondrous place.  This planet has exquisite beauty and unspeakable horrors.
There is endless love, and never-ending hate.  There are places where the food is plenty, and where there is none.  Where the water flows like liquid crystal,  quenching thirst, and then the desert sands, dry as bone, with nary a drop of moisture.

It is a place where dreams can come true or be ravaged.  A place where people live on top of each other,  or where no one can live.  This world gives us the opportunities to experience whatever our souls seek, good or bad.  It is heaven and hell.....pain and pleasure..

Pretty interesting thoughts at two am, not sure why or how......but felt the need to share. Are we a science experiment  gone bad, or perfection?  I will be thinking about this for days!
Good night, Sweet dreams

4 comments:

  1. C.S. Lewis says that God has allowed suffering into the world but also gives us exquisite happiness at times. I think the happy times outnumber the sad if we live in the moment and not in the past or future. I believe people don't have enough to eat because of their corrupt governments and the greed of man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty heavy thoughts for that time of day. Usually if I wake up at 2am it's to use the bathroom! But no matter how crazy the scheme of things seem to flow, I feel blessed to live on this Earth. I see the ying and yang everyday in my work. The young who get cancer and die...the old who get sick but can't seem to leave this existence no matter how much they are ready to call it quits. Yep, these are the things that keep philosophers on their toes and others up at 2am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it's just too mind boggling to me. There's always someone worse off than us or better off than us. Yet, I'm grateful to be alive and experience the beauty of nature and loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's good you can get back to sleep again. We have had a beautiful place to live. I wonder ..... come March1???

    ReplyDelete