Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthing

Giving birth.......it's something that I have never done, well not with a child.  But, I have birthed songs,
and I am here to tell you sometimes.......they come like a gift from the angels,  you dream them, the  muse hands them to you so quickly it makes you dizzy.  Then......there are those which make you writhe with pain, they drain every emotion out of your soul, you think you have been rammed by an eighteen wheeler,
and you curse the day you ever started writing songs.....and wish like hell you could quit!

Why am I writing this blog tonight?  well, Rick and I wrote a new song for the music video we are doing
Tuesday.  The first few hours we come close to blows, I envisioned ways that I could hide his body and collect the insurance! (I am sure he had those same thoughts about me)......but then we took a walk, Jordan came over and within ten minutes the song came so fast we both were breathless.  Basically we got out of the way, and let the creative energy flow!  And yes, as soon as the video is done, edited, all the stuff that has to be done......we will post it.  Tonight, I  styled our wardrobes,  and now we just hope that the beauty gods will smile upon us and   neither will look troll like.

We also have to learn the song! I know it sounds easy doesn't it, you write it, hell you should know it!
Not quite that easy, the reason you know all the words to your favorite songs.......you have listened to them a million times!  This one is hot off the presses, so chords have to be remembered, melody, harmony and oh yes......WORDS.......this is a live video (no lipsinc)  say a prayer and hope all those involved are patient!

Hope your weekend has been a good one, I think the moon, the planets and the stars are in much better alignment this week, and maybe the north wind blew the bad juice away, and we all got our
mojo  back!  Ha,Ha!

Good night, Sweet dreams

9 comments:

  1. A very good day, words and song finished, clothes picked out and a sweet visit.
    -Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly can't imagine what it must be like. I was not blessed with that wonderful creative gene but I was blessed with the ability to be able to appreciate the work of others and for that I am thankful. So I am looking forward to seeing your video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo! You are going to be so well prepared, it will be a joy to record that video. I truly am looking forward to seeing/hearing the video you post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes all we are waiting for.Must be great to be busy with music:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jilda! You and Rick are two very passionate artistes!! Yay!

    Bet the song is brilliant!

    Awww hello Jordan! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love the way you both love each other.. Wish mine will be like that....

    Happy thanksgiving to you Miss Jilda and Sir Rick!

    Have a great week ahead!

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never been able to sit down and decide to write something. I have to wait until it gives itself to me and then God help me if I try to ignore it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really looking forward to seeing and hearing the end result :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the song is beautiful because it comes from two beautiful hearts.

    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete