Monday, September 13, 2010

Monday Moments

Sometimes Mondays are truly Mondays, you get out of bed and it goes down hill. Today has been a Monday full of good moments. This morning walking the dogs, the air was brisk and clean( I actually needed a jacket for the first 15 minutes or so) it felt so good to breathe and move.
Today was the birthday for a couple of good friends, so I got to send them birthday wishes.
My phone rang this morning, and it was a dear friend's voice who lives in another state, we had a wonderful conversation and the call made my day!

I got to work and had really good classes. Then at my yoga class that I teach at the local community center, I had a couple of new students and the return of one who has had some health problems. It has been a Monday filled with good moments......not the grand slam kind, but the ones that remind you it is good to be alive. Also, Rick cleaned the porch(including furniture)! wow!

I love these days, these days that are filled with good moments. I know that we love the Big Days, but in the scheme of things, it is these moments that make our lives, that remind us that we are loved and cared for. These moments create memories and connections, that give us that little extra we need on days that are not so good. Tonight as I type these words, Blackie Bear is lying at my feet waiting patiently for bedtime. This big black dog has given me so many great moments. He knows when I am sick and he never leaves my side, he keeps his best eye on me.
Tomorrow Jordan will spend the day, I know there will be lots of good moments with him.
So tonight, before you close your eyes, think about your good moments today. Be sure to say a prayer of gratitude for those moments, I hope that tomorrow brings lots of those moments for you all.
Good night, sweet dreams.

1 comment:

  1. It was a beautiful sky here in Kentucky and still is today. We need rain and I had a full day of office work. I like Mondays though because I remember Mondays back three decades ago when I hated them!

    ReplyDelete