Thursday, September 23, 2010

Magic of Friends

Needs are often met in the strangest of ways, and it usually involves friends. I have met friends who filled a need that I didn't even know I had until I met them. That is the magic of friends. I think the universe knew this week that I needed my friends, because they have circled the wagons and been there for me.

Isn't it magical how we think of friends we haven't seen for a while, or we want to talk to a friend, and out of the blue, the phone rings or an e-mail appears. Tonight is an extra special night, a great friend that I had not seen in years arrived to spend a few days with us. I feel like it's Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one! How lucky can I get???

In celebration of the fall season, I cooked my favorite fall meal tonight and in honor of my friend's arrival. Tenderloin with rosemary and sage, roasted sweet potatoes, green lima beans, slaw and ginger bread. It just doesn't get any better than this, an old friend, a good meal, laughter and hours of conversation. I live for these moments when friends are here, and the house rings with laughter. And it just gets better, tomorrow night we meet up with more friends for dinner and
a little picking and grinning. Somebody pinch me and tell me I'm not dreaming!

As the years have gone by, friendships have become my most valuable possessions. Old and new, each friendship is a rare jewel, a magical gift that I hold in my heart. Each one started with simple conversation, sometimes there appeared to be no common ground and then there were times when we were mirror images.

Since I have been fighting the infection in my lungs, I have had some depressed days......but friends have called and each time they did, I felt stronger and better. Just to know someone
cares, it is like a magic potion.

My buddy Steve and Rick are in the living room discussing technical stuff, while I write my blog. Every once in awhile, male laughter echoes through the house. These are times I dream about. Friendship is a magic elixir, it soothes, brings joy, it comforts and gives love.
Tonight, I am grateful for the magic of friends.

1 comment:

  1. It is wonderful when people you love come to visit. I go see my sisters in Nevada every year and it is a special time for me.
    Thank you for the kind things you said on my blog.

    ReplyDelete