Wednesday, January 22, 2020

#LibraryShelfie

In support of our local library, Rick and I are doing "take a shelfie".  We have many shelves of books and at this point in our lives we have given away those we no longer wish to keep.

The books on our shelves now are those we love, those we reread, and those we are currently reading.

The little deer bookend has a mate.  The set belonged to my grandmother and I cherish them so much.

We have tried to share our love of reading with all our nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews and now great great nieces and nephews.  We often give books as gifts.  I have been a bookworm since I was five years old.

The love of reading has been a dear friend and I can't imagine not reading.
Be kind, spread joy, and read a good book.

1 comment:

  1. I used to be a bookworm myself. With age, things change from fiction to non fiction to self-guides etc... and then, if you live in a warm climate the outdoors call you.
    It's real life you look for: the streets, markets, parks, people.
    In colder climates, people are more indoors and do a lot of reading and writing as can be seen in their blogs.
    The amount of reading depends, I think, quite a lot on the climate of the country one lives in.

    ReplyDelete