Friday, October 20, 2017

Orionids Showers

A much needed day of rest.  I stayed in my sweats most of the day.  With packed classes all week, my batteries needed to recharge.  We are meeting friends for dinner this evening at a local Italian place.
For me, Italian food is comfort food.  I can't wait.

We are gearing up for the meteor showers tonight.  Tomorrow night, clouds will be rolling in and rain comes Sunday and Monday so tonight is our best bet.  The viewing guides that I have Googled say the best time to catch the most meteors is around 3:00am.  We will be setting our clocks and see what happens.  These are not the big long ones, what I have read is that they are small and if you blink, you will miss them.  Still, I think they are always worth a view.

The night sky is so mysterious, so vast and so much unknown.  I think it would be really nice to have a planetarium out back.

Enjoy your Saturday.  We will make a Costco run and then Rick will watch football games.  I will read and putter around the house.  Don't forget to be kind.





1 comment:

  1. It sounds like a nice Saturday in line for you two. For me it's work, work and more work.

    Enjoy your time to rejuvenate.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete