Monday, April 18, 2016

Teaching Ups and Downs

It is always interesting to watch students' faces when they walk into my class for the first time.  For those who have never been in a yoga class, there is usually fear or at least an uncomfortable look.
For those who have been in yoga classes before, quite often there is that look of show me what you got.  I had all of the above today.

Yoga teaches not to judge and I work very hard to keep judgement out of my classes.  People that I thought might not enjoy the class today seemed to love it, those that I thought would like  it, seemed indifferent.  That is why as a teacher I have to teach what is in my heart, teach with love and hope the seeds I planted, grow.

My community class tonight was fun. Often in the community class there are new people but tonight, it was all regulars, so I spent less time on instruction and more on encouraging.  I love having new students but teaching newbies requires incredible energy and focus.

I am still rather sore and stiff from our gardening yesterday, you would think after teaching three classes today that would not be a true statement. The aging body is an interesting one.

I hope your Monday has been a good one.  Blessings of joy, lots of hugs and be sure to laugh out loud this week.

1 comment: