Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Love andFear

I am reading a new book, " Dying To Be Me", by Anita Moorjani.  To say it is an interesting read is an understatement.  It is about a woman dying of cancer, in a coma who comes back and within a few weeks is free of cancer.  Her story before and after is amazing.

Her understanding of her experience is all about love.  Loving one's self, as well as others.  As I am reading this book, I think of what I teach my students.  I teach them daily how important it is to love yourself, to value yourself as a person and how we are all connected, no matter how different we seem.

Her reasons for her illness and healing might not be what you think or fit your beliefs.  But, I can promise you this is worth your time to read and hear her story.

I have talked and written often about how we become our thoughts, how we let fear destroy our lives.
She talks about how fear almost destroyed her, but how the understanding of love saved her.
If you don't want to read the book, you can Google her.  There is video clip, about 20 minutes which is what I saw that triggered my interest.  I hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

  1. I'll have to check this out..sounds so interesting. I often wonder how you can truly love others if you don't love yourself...although there are times I'm pretty mad at me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good review. I'll look it up. Have a beautiful day.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. At my age I do think about dying. I am not totally afraid. I have had a normal life full of love and happiness. I have also shed my share of tears. And being honest there is some fear of the unknown part of dying. So living daily and loving daily is the best thing a person can do for herself.

    ReplyDelete