Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Busy Day

It has been a rough few days, over the weekend I picked up a lung infection...but thankfully with the SmartVest and strong antibiotics today has been a better day.

Jordan spent the day with us.  A few days ago, he found my jewelry making supplies...I explained to him that at one time I had made jewelry and sold it at several stores and  different venues.  It has been awhile since I had made any, but I promised him that today I would show him how to make something for his mom.

He picked out brown leather stripping and white quartz beads, for a seven year old's first effort it was great.  Then he decided he would like a wrist band for himself.....this time, he chose some sterling beads, amber, cat's eye, and blue lapis,  he  was getting better.  By this afternoon, he had decided to make Uncle Rick a wrist band as well.  I think we know how much of this summer may be spent. We will be taking him to swim class too.

It was fun picking up the stones, feeling the smoothness of the beads and smelling the leather today...it might just be time for me to make some things again.  I have missed the meditative quality of creating something with my hands.  It has been awhile since I have painted as well.  This summer with Jordan will probably be good for us both.  I know we will be busy.

Seeing life through a seven year old's eyes is good for the soul, he lives in the now and is excited about everything. The joy that gleams in his eyes and the love in his hugs made me feel so much better today.  I watched him pop a big juicy blueberry in his mouth and heard him exclaim, "this is the best blueberry I have ever eaten."  Today was a very good day.


7 comments:

  1. Jilda, I'm so happy to hear this was a good day
    .. Children are a great reminder of the here and now -♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that you're feeling much better today. Being around children is full of magic. You'll have a great summer.

    Take care.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy that you are getting better. The joy you gain from doing things with Jordan is obvious. In return he is also joyful and he is learning new things. It is a satisfying interaction for both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some times we do need to see what children see.
    I hope that you are feeling better now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're feeling better today. What a great kid he must be. You're definitely lucky to have him and so is he.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you have your Smart Vest to help you cough etc. Hope you are getting enough rest. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These times are to be treasured as the little kiddos grow so fast! I'm glad he's there to keep you smiling and being creative! Hope you keep improving in health and be sure to rest and enjoy this weekend!

    ReplyDelete