Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Treat Like A Human

More than once, people I work with tell me that my students make the same comment about me .......they say that I treat them like humans and actually the students have told me.  Each time someone tells me that, I am astounded......how else would I treat someone?.......why would you not treat another human as a human?

Judgement and fear are destroyers........of love, of spirit, of humans.  Mistakes, bad choices, poor decisions......those all make up the human element......the good stuff is there too, like love and compassion......but we all are yin and yang......lightness and dark.

How can we humans expect to grow, to expand, if we continue to treat each other badly?  Treating another human inhumanely surprises me.....and saddens me.  To respect, to treat with kindness, is it that difficult?  What makes any of us think that we are better or morally superior to anyone else?

To be treated like a human, is that too much for any of us to ask?   I think the Golden Rule goes hand in hand with that thought......."do unto others as you would have others do unto you."
Humans treating humans as humans........it's not that difficult.

No comments:

Post a Comment