Thursday, January 31, 2013

Good Intentions

I have learned a valuable lesson this week, "good intentions" is a dangerous path to trod.  I booked Rick and myself, and a couple of other friends (that I thought was a good mix) for a gig tomorrow night.  The gig is at a  restaurant, so it is not a concert venue, the stage is small and it is not near us.
I chose a songwriter from that area, a songwriter who is a personal friend of the owner, another friend who because of his job does not get to play much.......I talked with our soundman and he agreed the mix was good. Between the five of us, there is a very good variety of music.

But, now I feel that I have let others down or disappointed them.  Tonight, I am vowing the death of good intentions, a road block on that path for the rest of my days.  I admit, I don't feel well, and am probably being way too sensitive about all of this.  I just know, that I would never hurt anyone intentionally.  Sorry, I so needed to get this off my chest.

So just like  everyone else, my life is complicated and I struggle daily with stuff like this.  I know, I am breathing and telling myself to let it go as I type.......and I close with this reminder.....this too shall pass.  "Good intentions".......not always so good.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry but I don't understand what went wrong.
    How did you let them down?

    If you couldn't perform because you were not feeling well enough, they have to pick up the slack.... that's what friends do.

    It you couldn't perform, I don't think that you let anybody down but yourself.
    You are going through a rough tome right now. Everyone understand that. Be gentle with yourself.
    Hugs.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think anything done with the word and thought "good" in it is bad. But if whatever happened makes you or someone upset, I chalk it up to "sorry, let's move on"...Hopefully all will be OK and just remember to take care of you. Hope everything turns out better than planned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand you so well, Jilda! I really do. I always strive to do the right thing and help others, but I end up disappointing people, no matter how hard I try. Sometimes we just need to let go of the expectations of others.

    ReplyDelete