Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Garden Roses

I have a green thumb......I can grow all sorts of plants, trees, shrubs, flowers, fruits and vegetables.
I cannot grow roses.....but my brother Ricky can.

The proof is in this photograph.  Ricky is Jordan's grandfather, and yesterday Jordan brought me this beautiful rose.  Jordan didn't  ask if he could  bring me the rose, but it's ok, Ricky laughed.  He figured it was a small price to pay for all the popsicles Jordan eats at my house.

I love fresh roses from the garden.....not the ones from florists.  (sorry, if there are florists reading this)   My grandmother Mamie grew roses, big white ones that smelled like heaven....golden yellow ones that looked like sunshine......and pink ones that smelled even better than the white ones.
My mom grew roses as well.....she loved red ones.
Hers had that deep heady aroma, almost musky, yet sweet.
I can grow seven sister roses, I think they may be some sort of tea rose.  They are small, clusters of seven miniature roses on a stem, with a sweet spicy smell.  I have soft baby pink ones, and rosy pink ones.  They are sweet and old-fashioned and are pretty much wild ramblers.

Jordan knew he had done something extra special when he gave me the rose yesterday, his eye sparkled, and he laughed as I hugged him.  He knows he is loved.  Everytime I have looked at that rose today, I have smiled......I know I am loved too.

5 comments:

  1. The language of flowers....flowers never lie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful rose, I wish I could have some! :) please!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww Jordan is such a star! What a sweetie!! Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete