Tuesday, July 6, 2010

John Denver

I loved John Denver and his songs, and that was before I met Steve W. who played with John and Steve became one of my best friends. I loved it when John sang about his beloved Colorado, but I never really got it until this week.........I have been in Telluride, Co since Saturday, and I have seen the mountains, and blue skies, and all the beauty that he sang about. John has been in my thoughts often this week, we lost such a treasure when he passed, and the state of Colorado will never again have anyone who sings about its beauty with such love. I always fantasized about being a backup singer with John, singing his songs to this day brings joy to my heart! tonight is my last night in Colorado, John's spirit is still here, his songs will live on, and tonight I leave a little piece of my heart here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment