Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Today

I have always made lists and used a day planner.  I am grateful for that, especially now.  It is overwhelming all that needs to be done.  Each morning I am trying to only put 3 or 4 things on the list and get those done by the end of the day.  It would probably help if I didn't cry so much.

At first I didn't think I could write this blog anymore, but I think it is helping the grief and the healing.  I wish I were more computer literate, Rick loved technology and I admit I have tried to avoid  it for the most part. 

I talked with his bee mentor, he is coming for the bees tomorrow evening.  I love them and I will miss them so much, but Rick was just teaching me and I know I cannot
care for them the way he did.  His bee mentor's name is Ricky so I think it is fitting that they go to live with him.  He will love them and care for them and he has promised to bring me the honey from Rick's hives when he harvests.

Hook and Taz seem more settled today.  Kodak misses him, but he's only been with us less than a year.  Hook and Taz are old family members.  I am grateful for these dogs, I talk to them, hug them and feel their connection to Rick.

I called this blog Transformation Information because I wanted it to be a link to students that I had through the years as well as blog friends.  With Rick's death, writing these words are helping me through the biggest transformation I have ever gone through.  Maybe in some way, my transformation will help some of you.

Thank you for your love and kindness, your prayers and energies, thank you for being there.  I wanted to add the photo of the zinnias, to let you know I still see the beauty around me.

10 comments:

  1. Jilda, what a beautiful post today. I can see the strength in your positive attitude. We go through transformation all through life it seems.

    Blogging was a big help to me when I needed some emotional support and I have blogger friends who were very caring, supportive and helpful too. It meant a lot to me.

    Sorry you have to let the bees go but you will still get some honey and that's is good.

    It feels good to cross out things off the to do list. In this high heat and high humidity, I don't get too many things crossed off my to do list. Each time I go outside, the sweat pours off my brows and into my glasses. I have to wear a bandana like Willie Nelson, lol.

    Take care and remember there are a lot of people who cares about you.

    Hugs and prayers,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have to give the bees away but I'm glad there's someone who will continue to harvest the honey and give you some also. There are kind people in the world and beauty too...like those flowers. I hope each day brings you some peace and beauty. I'm glad you're continuing to write. I would worry about you! Take care and know many folks care very much about you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want you to know that your words are being filed. It is hard to imagine all the 'tasks' to be done under normal circumstances, but with this national problem of the pandemic, I am sure adds to the procedures.
    Love to you lady,
    Sherry & jack

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rick would have liked the picture of zinnias. I wondered what you would do about the bees. It seems like a lot of work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes lists are important to help us keep on track. I don't know wha't I'd do without mine. I think it is good that you are writing . The love and support of our blog friends does mean a lot. They are a great group of people for sure. It will also help you to remember what you've done and when. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so eloquent and thoughtful in your remarks. I am glad the bees are go8 g back and will thrive. I am glad you will continue to blog and enjoy the beauty all around you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's helpful that you can work with lists and a planner, at least, until you feel more at peace with yourself and able to tackle the many issues you encounter.
    Yes, you're about to go now through a big transformation. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't been here the last few posts, I didn't get any notiforcations about new posts, so I had to go back and read what I missed then I had a cry for your loss and loss of a wonderful man

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jilda I am sure it is hard just putting one foot in front of the other right now. I am glad you have your dogs for company. I hope interacting with your blog fans helps some too. Hugs from Cheryl.

    ReplyDelete