Friday, April 24, 2020

Plant Connection

My mom and dad loved their iris garden.  People would often stop and take pictures of the flowers in their yard.  My mom had a green thumb, anything she planted, grew.

After my dad died, the iris garden became more beautiful each year.  When my mom passed away, I shared her iris with friends and family.  The people who bought her house wanted a lawn, not a flower garden.

I planted several in a small bed at the entrance to our driveway.  For several years the iris just refused to bloom.  About five years ago, they shyly began to blossom.

This white one is one of my favorites, it bloomed this morning.  Another one I love is a bronze color, when it blooms I will post a photo.

I love the connection that plants make with people.
I am not sure who will inherit mine when I pass on, but I hope someone will take them and love them.

3 comments:

  1. Nice you have a part of their garden to share. I love seeing all the blooms. I went for a walk in our neighborhood yesterday and finally saw several things blooming here. Flowers are meant to be shared and they made my walk so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, so pretty. Irises love to have their rimzones baking in the sun to bloom.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the irises too. I have some from my parents garden over 30 years ago. There is a lot of love in your garden.

    ReplyDelete