Sunday, June 9, 2019

Purple Beauty

I walked out to get the Sunday paper this morning.  A bright purple flash caught my eye.  Our first rose of sharon bush had bloomed overnight.  By this evening, the pink one and the white had blossomed and so had the variegated white/red mix.

More rain today, but we need more.  The fruits and veggies have taken a growth spurt since those first drops fell a few days ago.  I have put six gallons of blueberries in the freezer.  We will have smoothies for a long time.

I hope your Monday is a good one.  Don't forget to be kind.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, six gallons of blueberries. That seems like a lot. Such a lovely flower on your Rose of Sharon.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like the best year we've had for blueberries although it will be a few weeks before picking. I love rose of sharon. When we bought our first home there was a couple of rose of sharon bushes that had just bloomed the week we moved in. I took it as a good sign for our first house! I have some here at the Pines and love them. Next month they will bloom up here. Hope all is well with you and you have a good week!

    ReplyDelete