Sunday, June 30, 2019

Last Day of June

With all the rain and heat, everything is so lush.  Our plants that live on the screened Porch/winter plant room have all grown like crazy.  I have learned there is a trade-off here.  For a bountiful summer you have to deal with the heat and the rain.  I remind myself of that often.

I can't believe today is the last day of June.  Our kids here go back to school in less than six weeks.
Jordan has a couple of more weeks of swim meets then he's off for about a month before he goes back to school.  He is so excited.  Tomorrow night he does his first sleep over with a friend.

There's probably two more pickings of blueberries and they will be gone.  Soon the figs will be ready and by September or October the apples and pears will ripe and juicy.  I don't mean to brag, but our tomatoes have been awesome.

I am rather tired and there has been more vertigo today.  Ready for hot tea and soon bed.
Starting off a new week and a brand new month tomorrow.  Let's make it kind and joyful.

2 comments:

  1. I used to think ,like you, in terms of days, weeks, months until I got to the age of 70 (three years ago). Then, things changed as I felt the Countdown is about to start. So, I put Me at the center, with everything else (including seasons and days) behind.

    ReplyDelete