Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Three Hours

Three hours at the dentist today.  I went in for my routine cleaning/check-up and mentioned that the oral surgeon had given me the go ahead for my implant/crown to proceed.  Next thing I know my dentist is saying that is great we can do the impression and set mechanics today.  Then he is telling me how thick and healthy my gums are, but he because of that he is going to have to do some shaving and cutting of the tissue.  I hate the taste of that numbing stuff...and the sound of whatever tool he used.  Then there was the mouth full of impression for material for four minutes.  Then came the assurance in a couple of weeks I would no long have to wear my flipper, but would have my tooth in.

It was one of those happy, glad it's over kind of things...and then he said oh yes, we will probably have to cut those nice healthy gums again when you come back, be sure to use warm salt water as a mouth rinse for the next couple of days.

I am exhausted, but I had a great class today, but now I am so ready for bed.
Goodnight, Sweet dreams

1 comment:

  1. Three hours well spent from the sounds of things. Hope all goes well with the implant! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday!

    ReplyDelete