Thursday, August 16, 2018

Changes

Several of my students said goodbye today.  I will miss them.  This group, both men and women have been a teacher's dream.  They walk into the room ready and willing.  They walk into the room with open hearts and minds.  They are all smart, funny, kind and loving.  They have so very much to offer.
My prayer is for their recovery to be with them for the rest of their lives.  That they understand and believe how valuable they, how deserving of love and peace they are, that too is a prayer. I hope the changes that they have worked so hard to achieve are lasting ones.   Their choices and time will tell the end of their stories.

This week has flown by.  Lots to do in preparation for Rick's knee replacement.  I still have a list a mile long to things to do.  I am tired but ready for his quality of life to be better.  He loves being active and I want to see him live an active lifestyle.

Tomorrow I take an hour for me and get a haircut.  Rain is moving in and the threat of cooler weather is still in our forecast, be still my heart.  So ready for a change in the weather and hair.

I hope your Friday gets your weekend off to a great start.  Find some joy, spread a little kindness and laugh out loud.

1 comment:

  1. It has to be rewarding to help others the way you do. Good you can take time for yourself too. Hope you have a fantastic Friday !

    ReplyDelete