Thursday, November 26, 2015

Too Short

The light of the moon shinning down on all creatures is driving our dogs crazy tonight.  They keep barking at any and everything.  Just after dark, a small very young deer walked gingerly up to our birdbath for a sip of water.  She stared at me with large dark eyes, so beautiful, so trusting.

Our fridge is full of leftovers, no one left our home hungry today.  I think about those who are hungry, who are cold, who are without home or country. I think about those in our military far from home.  I think about my students at work who could not go home.

Tonight, I wish I could feed everyone, I wish I could give everyone a soft warm bed, I wish all those who are away from their homes could be home.  I am blessed and everyone I know is blessed and yes we all go through hard times but we have roofs over our heads and food in our bellies.

I think about our friends who lost loved ones this week, about our friends who are sick....but yet, there is still so much to be grateful for. The moon shines so brightly tonight and as I look at its light, I pray for peace, for humanity, for kindness.  I pray we remember, to do unto others as we would have them do unto us.  Life is too short for hate...life is too short for fear...life is too short.

Goodnight, Sweet dreams

3 comments:

  1. Do unto others is how I try to live my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure your home was filled with wonderful smells and wonderful food, but mostly a wonderful spirit. Happy Thanksgiving Jilda!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your long compassionate wish list.
    I agree life is short, too short for hate and fear.
    Blessings on you and your love ones. Happy Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete