Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday Ramblings

I hear the rain tonight.  For some reason, it reminds me of the impermanence of life.  The rain falls, the earth drinks it up and the cycle continues. I am missing the dead tonight.  My parents, my brother, and friends and family who have moved on to the next place.  It is one of those times when I just wish I could talk with them, get a hug...you know.

We have a gig tomorrow.  The first in some time.  I am a little nervous.  I want to share our songs, tell our stories.  I want to do my best.  We have practiced, we are ready.

Something about aging and the coming holidays, I want them, I need them. I want to remind those that are younger, don't stress, make your own traditions, don't get sucked into the guilt of making everyone happy.
Make yourself happy.  Spend time with the ones you want to see,  let go of the rest.  I wish someone had told me this so many years ago. I spent a lifetime trying to make everyone happy.

I know, I am rambling tonight. I think it is nerves about the gig tomorrow.  Wishing you all a weekend of joy, of many hugs.  See beauty no matter where you go.
Goodnight, sweet dreams


2 comments:

  1. You'll be great tonight Jilda. Sing your little heart out and have fun with your man. The heart leaves you saw on your walk was a great sign.
    Hugs,
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your melancholy is gone today. I also have times when I desperately miss loved ones no longer here. I especially miss my father. He was the one who would emotionally put me on his lap for a while when I was tired of being a grown-up. It would recharge me and I could be what I was supposed to be.

    ReplyDelete