Friday, July 11, 2014

Good to Be Back

Apologies for the brief entries and quotes the past few nights.  I had gone a couple of months with no side effects from the treatments, guess I got cocky because they came back this time and put me in my place.  Just when you think you have it figured it out......you don't.

I did find an incredible on line magazine that is written for those undergoing IVIG treatments, called IG Living.  If you or someone you know is getting IVIG , I suggest you check out the magazine.
I realized reading it, I may be rare, but I am not alone.

Tonight my ability to think straight has finally come back, the nausea has subsided, the chills are gone, the headache is over, the ability to walk is back.  It is good to be back to some version of normal.  I have worried about my students today, half way during my last class yesterday I became so ill I could not stand.  I know they were so concerned and wanted to help me......for me, I was crushed that they all saw me in that shape.  I try very hard to keep the illness and the side effects of the treatment in the shadows, but that was not possible yesterday.  To be seen at your weakest and your most vulnerable is difficult.

I have lost all track of time this week.  I can't believe it is Friday.......couch time can be quite surreal.
Wishing you all a weekend of good health and fun times.  It is good to be back.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to hear that you are feeling better... it can be scary when you are not at your best... take care of yourself :)

    ReplyDelete