Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Love Fest

The past few days I have been in the middle of a love fest.......I have received notes, gifts, cards, phone calls and texts ........all reminding me that I am cared for, that I am loved. It is a wonderful event, this love fest......to know that people care.

My mom use to send cards and note to her friends and family members........I asked her once why she did it.......she smiled and said "don't you love it when you know that someone is thinking of you, that someone cares?"  Her loving kindness paid off........after she became ill, her mailbox was always full of cards and notes, her phone was always ringing.......even in the throes of dementia......those cards and calls touched her heart.

So this is to remind you all tonight, that little note, or card or e-mail or text or five minute call or short visit.......can brighten someone's day more than the brightest ray of sun.  We all need that human connection......we might be ill, or having a bad day or in the throes of a life
crisis .........or maybe, we just need a reminder........that we are loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment