Thursday, September 5, 2013

Forgiveness

I have thought about forgiveness the past couple of days........an old wound reopened this week, I thought that I had worked through the pain, that I had forgiven.......it was obvious I had  not.  Forgiveness is an incredible act of love, really unconditional love.  I spent a couple of sleepless nights dealing with dredges from the past, the hurt, the anger, the pain......I prayed blessings for the person that I had allowed to cause this spiral and I came to face to face with how difficult true forgiveness can be.

Honestly, I am somewhere in the middle.......working slowly towards breaking the chains and bonds that will set me free. I know in my heart I will reach the point where I can forgive and move on......but I kid you not.....this is hard stuff.  Lessons like this are milestones, path changers and I have to persevere.....there have been  moments when I ask myself, is it really worth it?  Deep in my soul, I know that it is.

Even sharing this with all of you tonight was painful, but it is important that we all know the value of forgiveness, that we understand how not forgiving can cripple and stifle our lives and our joy.
This I know, I am much closer tonight than I was two nights ago........this path might be long, but I pray that
it is short. I am ready to let it go and move on.  Understanding that I can't truly love myself until I forgive was the light that beckoned to me in the darkness.......I hope my words make a difference in your lives tonight......maybe we could all share a moment of forgiveness and find our way home.

3 comments:

  1. Jilda, Good lesson here. I recently read author Margaret Feinberg's book, Wonderstruck, and she writes that forgiveness is an ongoing act of discipline and the will, and is more of a process than a single act.

    I think she is on to something. Blessings to you this evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother Teresa expressed her views on forgiveness, " People can be so unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them. People may accuse you of ulterior motives if you are too kind. She says forgive them. People will be jealous of your happiness. Forgive them. If you do something good it might be forgotten. Do good anyway. Give your best and it may never be enough, do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are all human beings. We can all make mistakes. We will all need to be forgiven at some point.

    Love is what really matters.
    I love what Michael says, too.

    ReplyDelete