Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Always Changing

Somewhere outside my window tonight sits a frog........I can hear his croak, deep and throaty.  It has rained all day, I think we got somewhere in the neighborhood of 3 inches......he is a happy frog.  Maybe he thinks
the creek and pond down below the barn are  about to expand......his universe is growing.

Most of my students deal with chronic pain and with all the wet weather, they have suffered......classes today were devoted to pain management.......breath work as well as movement.  Many of them have not slept well this week......most of them fell asleep during relaxation today.......I did hear some snoring.  I don't mind, their bodies and spirits needed it.

The weather is one thing that reminds us of our connection to the universe.......a change in the weather can intensify our pain, stiffness, and depression and trigger a migraine.  Cloudy days, rain, hot sunny, cold.....weather truly affects our moods and our bodies. Normally rain doesn't bother me, but this abnormally wet cool summer has brought on some aches and pains and a tinge of sadness at times.  I have reminded myself, that weather changes, just as  life does.......in a few months, we could be in drought.....or snow and freezing cold......or a very warm winter.  It is that same circle of change.......good and bad.......sunny and warm.....cold and rainy.......happy and sad........blue skies or storms.

Life and weather......always changing.....not always to our liking.......but always changing.

1 comment: