Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mother Nature Hits Hard

Still no power, trees are down every where.  We are lucky, our neighbor has trees on his house, and both his vehicles were totaled.  Our barn has some damage, our chicken pen got hit by a tree....but no one in our neighborhood was hurt.  My nephew Haven, brought a couple of his friends up today, and the buzz of chainsaws was music to my ears.  Thank goodness I took a shower yesterday, I will visit my sister tomorrow and use hers.  Life in Alabama in the spring, weather is as changeable as a fickle teenage girl......temps going down in the 20's tonight.....but we have a fireplace!   Thanks for all the good thoughts, no phone service either, we are off the grid!  Came to Rick's sister's to post this quick blog.
More to come tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you all escaped without too much damage as compare to your neighbours. So sorry about your pine trees.
    Hope you get your power on this evening.
    JB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you're out of power and that you had damage from that storm but I'm glad you're both OK and hopefully your power will be on soon. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry all this happened to you and your neighbors. But I am happy no one was hurt. God bless.

    ReplyDelete