Saturday, March 16, 2013

Count Your Blessings

"When I started counting my blessings, my whole world turned around."   - Willie Nelson

I love Willie Nelson, not only for his music, but his spirit.  Counting your blessings really will turn your world around.  It is easy, especially when times are tough, to forget about your blessings.....even when times are good, it is easy to forget to count your blessings.  Counting your blessings, does it make a difference?  You bet it does!

I often tell my students to think of three good things every day.......write them down.  I admit, some days the three blessings may be only be , breathing, breathing, breathing.  But that is a start, then you can look at the sky  or the trees, or the fact there is a roof over your head, or that you have clothes on your back.  You can start with the most basic and I promise your list will grow.

Counting your blessings means that you are starting to see the good in life, you are thinking about the good stuff.  When you think about the good stuff, more of it comes your way.  Counting your blessings means that you are grateful......and with gratitude, comes joy.  I believe counting your blessings brings tender mercies into your life.......tender mercies, those moments when it hits you that life is indeed good, that there is love and goodness, and that you deserve it.

So tomorrow, whether you are in a beautiful cathedral or you are like me, and spend your Sundays
in the most beautiful temple or church of all, nature.......count your blessings.

3 comments:

  1. I hope tomorrow is a very good day for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. And as a college athlete I was just reading about was taught by his father - count your blessings, and make your blessings count.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good advise. My day starts with thanksgiving for all that God has given me, us, and the blessings are too numerous to count even though we don't even see it.

    Just the fact that we can communicate in so many ways, is awesome, we can love, we can see colors, hear music, feel vibrations, we are mobile and yes, we can breath and the miracle all this is...

    Happy St Patrick Day.
    JB

    ReplyDelete