Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy Birthday America

I worked today.......but you know it was worth it.  For one thing teaching yoga is not your regular job, and my students today were the best!  It meant so much to them for me to be there, but it meant even more for me to let them know how much I appreciate them and all that they do.

Holidays are tough in rehab, you miss your family, your friends, your traditions......I had celebrated the Fourth all weekend with friends, most of my family had things to do, and when I told Rick that my military group had asked me to come in, he just looked at me and said"well you have to".

There was quite a bit of laughter, and some tears, but the afternoon storms came rolling in during the first class,
and it seemed that not only the earth was washed clean and fresh, but we were too.  Nothing like relaxation with the rain coming down.

It has been a rather different Fourth of July, but it has been a good one.  I made home made ice cream this morning, ate sweet juicy watermelon, and watched Jordan wave sparklers tonight.
Happy Birthday America!
Goodnight, Sweet Dreams.

5 comments:

  1. Happy 4th of July to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all my American friends had a great 4th July although for me as I post this it is the 5th......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. God Bless America...indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't sound as if it could have been any better does it? Thanks for being you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No ice cream for me. I worked the night shift on the front desk of a police station in a rough, inner city area of a major UK city. And we were the enemy of you guys. So 4th of July doesn't mean that much to us English people.

    ReplyDelete