Friday, February 23, 2018

Sudden Loss

We left home at 8:30 this morning to make a Costco run, then on to the eye doc's to pick up my contacts.  Made it home by noon, put the food in the freezer, changed clothes, made it to our friend's son's memorial and finally back home around 4:00.  As we came home and changed clothes we both realized we had not eaten since breakfast.  No wonder we were exhausted.

Christopher's service reminded me of my nephew Michael's a few years ago.  Michael, like Christopher died unexpectedly and left behind children.  Michael and Christopher were about the same age.  I watched Christopher's parents, wife, children and siblings struggle today.  Sadly the real grief has not even hit them yet.  That sudden loss does that.  At first you grapple with unexpectedness and shock and then the grief hits.  It just broke my heart to look at the family.  It seems we have spent a great deal of time in the past month going to memorial services.  I know that is the circle of life, but it doesn't make it easier.

We will do a few errands tomorrow, but this weekend will be low key.  We both need some down time.  I hope unexpected kindness finds you tomorrow and when it does I hope it brings great joy as well.

3 comments:

  1. It is especially sad when a young person dies. I wish the best for his family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having gone through this with our family I know how hard it is and I hope this family can find some comfort, peace and support from friends, family and faith. Have a nice weekend of quiet and rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know all so well how difficult it is to loose a family member unexpectedly. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my daughter Nicole. It leaves a hole in the heart.

    Prayers and comforting thoughts goes out to the family.
    Have a restful weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete