Tuesday, June 6, 2017

My Old Friend

As most of you know, I love my plants and I truly love to garden.  When I am stressed, working in my plants becomes a meditative practice of sorts.  My hands get dirty and I don't care.

I share with you tonight, one of my oldest and most beloved plants.  She is a bleeding heart.  She belonged to my grandmother Mamie, passed on to my mom and then to me.  I have given cuttings from her to many friends and family members.  She is easy to care for and responds to love.

Incase you are wondering, I did not post last night.  A migraine complete with vertigo and nausea hit me in my last class.  I  made it home and found my bed.  Better today.


2 comments:

  1. I was guessing you were feeling poorly yesterday - and Rick would have said something if you were very ill. Very sorry to hear that it was a migraine and vertigo and nausea and then driving home too. Relieved you feel better today. Hugs.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you're feeling better. Vertigo is bad enough, migraine and nausea is certainly not fun.
    Love the family heirloom plant. I have a Hoya plant that used to belong to my husband's grandmother, then his mum and then to me and my daughters and now to my granddaughter.

    Take care of yourself.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete